Stephen Covey, in his book The 8th habit, describes a poll of 23.000 employees drawn from a number of companies and industries. He reports poll’s finding:
- Only 37% said they have a clear understanding of what their organization is trying to achieve and why.
- Only one in five was enthusiastic about their team’s and their organization’s goals.
- Only one in five had a clear “line of sight” between their tasks and their and their team’s and organization’s goals.
- Only 15% felt that their organization fully enables them to execute key goals.
- Only 20% fully trusted the organization they work for.
Now imagine this numbers in a football team. How would a football team perform with this numbers?
Brands don’t just work outside, they need to work inside as well, they need to inspire and cherish your team.
The fact is, actually, communication is not about talking, is about inspiring and getting things done.
Sorry for the vertical shooting …
This is a sky burial I witnessed in Litang (Sichuan, China). No relatives and no women allowed (except one of us, because western women are “men”, not “real” women), as all of them are “too sensitive”.
The fellow with the yellow shirt is a special tibetan monk who manages the whole thing. Actually, all the area is tibetan and Litang itself is full of policemen, showing off shells and truncheons.
*Language spoken in the video is euskera, basque language